Seniors’ physical health: Seniors need to stay active to be healthyApril 17, 2019
The right time to hire home careApril 30, 2019
Why must you and aging seniors around you stay active?
All of you know the importance of mental, physical and social activity. There is no doubt that you need to be active at any age.. Activities like gardening, exercising, or dancing will help you to have better mental and physical health. Our body and mind begins to lose normal function and natural healing ability as we age. Are there any aging seniors around you? Encourage them to do different activities. We will mention suitable activities and the benefits of them for aging seniors in this article.
Which activities are suitable for aging seniors?
- Arts and Crafts
- Going to parks, concerts, festivals
- Active sports like golf and tennis
- Exercises like Dancing, Yoga or Tai Chi
- Going to Parties and Social Gatherings
- Learning computer, food design, singing or playing a musical instrument
What are the benefits of maintaining activity for aging seniors?
- Better cognitive function. Social activities keep us mentally engaged. This is the simple way that aging seniors can prevent the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Increased balance. Falling that can lead to hip fractures is very common in aging seniors. Physical activity and exercise will improve balance in aging seniors through strengthening muscles.
- Better mood. Aging seniors with social activities maintain good emotional health. Connecting with other people can prevent depression.
- Improving physical health. Social and physical activity can help aging seniors to eat more and healthier. Loss of appetite is a challenge for elderly people that can be overcome through activity. Healthy diets for aging seniors leads to physical health.
- Boosted immune system. Social activity may improve immune-system function in aging seniors, as well as exercises. Exercises may delay or prevent diseases like diabetes, heart problems, osteoporosis, and stroke.
- Improve quality of sleep. Aging seniors who have no social activity may feel loneliness. This feeling can lead to difficulty with sleeping. This is why social activity is important for aging seniors to have a good sleep. On the other hand physical activity can help you to sleep better because of increasing your metabolism and releasing stress relieving hormones.
- Better lifestyle. Social and physical activity helps aging seniors to have a longer, happier and healthier life. Friends help you deal with life’s daily stresses and are often key to encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle too.
- Shorten healing time. A healthy body not only fights off illnesses and infections, but also cures and heals in shorter times.
Our mission at Advanced Medical is increasing the quality of your life, if you have any physical problems that limit you from an active physical and social life. Also, we try to help your loved ones to have a better social and physical life. For more information on our products and services in Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada, Call, email or visit us. Different equipment like senior E-Bikes, walkers, wheelchairs, power chairs and scooters, canes, crutches and many other products will keep you active at and physically healthy at any age.